Overwhelmed by Results of the Election and Holidays

Discussion in 'Personal Growth and Wellness Guide' started by ginastetsko, Nov 25, 2016.

1. ginastetsko

ginastetsko Moderator Contributor

The holiday season is notorious for increasing stress levels and family dramas or even dramas at work with uncertainty about the future. Add to these situations, the fact that over half the voters are also shellshocked and dismayed by the results of the election. Whomever you voted for, I think we can all agree that the atmosphere is "not normal".

So, the only way to get through it all is to take care of yourself first. No one else really can anyway. I found that reminding people that we are all spirits having a human experience, which includes fear and adversity, is not appreciated by most people! However, that is the truth.

What do you do about it all? Learn to focus on things you are grateful for, try to see the positive and loving things all around us, in our family, friends and strangers we meet. It's there is you choose to look for it.

That is the dilemma. Our minds tend to make us focus on the negative and negative begets negative. So, I always remember the simple phrases, "what you think about expands" and "change your thoughts, change your life".

Best wishes to all of you on the journey into next year.
    Gina